Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Couple of Deals to Be Aware Of

I realize this is coming a bit late in the week. But, perhaps it will help anyway.  If you need to stock up on school supplies, now's the time to start.

First, I noticed in last weekend's ads that the major office stores were already putting out school supply deals.  Staples, for instance, is already advertising $0.01 prices on crayons, glue and pens (see their weekly ad on their site for the details).  I also noticed that they are offering $2 off any new Avery binder when you bring in and recycle an old one.  Too bad I already tossed our old binders.  I hadn't seen binder recycling before.  Since we use them quite a lot I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more of these recycling deals.  Many more deals are listed in their online weekly ad.

Office Max also had some back-to-school deals going on including $1 binders, $0.25 glue sticks, and up to 10 free folders with a $5 purchase.  You can check out their online ad for more deals and details.

Then, I noticed that Rainbow Resource has lowered their threshold for free shipping.  Usually they offer free shipping for an order of $150 or more.  Well, now till Sept. 30th they are offering free shipping on domestic orders of $50 or more.  So, if you haven't finished your orders for the school year, this may be a good time to do that.  

Then, as a follow-up to my last post about finding discounts on books, I received a great tip for a place called Powell's - a bookstore with new, used, and out-of-print books.  The prices are very good.  And, with shipping (often the hidden cost associated with buying inexpensive books online) you can choose from flat-rate shipping of $4 independent of how many books you buy, or FREE shipping on orders of $50 or more.  You'll have to check on their website for the details.


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog post! All comments are moderated so your message may not appear immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...