Friday, September 9, 2011

Make Your Own Book

On a usual basis, we tend to buy used books.  But, I am forever lured by the freshly printed book and handy little coffee shop some of the larger bookstores have.  And, of course, the kids have to come with me.  I recently found on one of these trips, as the kids were spending their allowance money, that Barnes and Noble has a Kids Club.  It offers a few nice perks one of which being that on my daughter's birthday we got an e-mail with a coupon for a free cookie or muffin and a code to create a book for free at Tikatok.com

I had never heard of Tikatok.com.  Where have I been?  This site is great!

At this site kids can write, illustrate, and publish their own book (hardcover, softcover, or downloadable e-book).  What a great way to learn about publishing! And, what a great keepsake of a student's work. 

I am definitely going to work this into our school year somehow.

Enjoy!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog post! All comments are moderated so your message may not appear immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...