Friday, April 8, 2011

Whatcha Got for the Time...

...line?
Yes, even after 5 years of homeschooling I still believe that no decent homeschool is complete without some sort of timeline hanging on the wall or on a fold-out poster board tucked away in the hall closet. 

That's probably why we don't have a timeline.  Ooops!  This year we were just too busy and never got around to making a timeline for anything.  My kids must be so confused.

There are an infinite number of ways you can construct your own timeline.  However, the busier I get, the more a purchased timeline system starts sounding appealing to me.  I found a couple of these resources at the homeschool convention.

One such system that I thought was very clever was the Add-A-Century Timeline.  The site includes a couple of videos on how to use the product.  I especially like that it can be added on to so you really only need to buy the one product and then use it for the rest of your student's homeschool career.  I also liked that you could either store it in a binder or fold it out to see it linearly (that's a word, right?).

Blank timeline books like Wonders of Old or the Sonlight Book of Time also work nicely. 

However you create a timeline, its nice to have visuals.  You can simply download and print images from a search engine or you can get History Through the Ages which are historical timeline figures to print for your own use. 

I suppose I should think about how we are going to put together some sort of timeline for our homeschool.

Decisions...decisions....

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog post! All comments are moderated so your message may not appear immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...