Friday, April 29, 2011

Sign Language Help

Have you ever tried to learn or teach sign language from a book?  When I was in grade school I did this.  There was just something fun about learning a whole new language with my hands.  Later, I used basic sign language to teach my kids how to communicate with me before they could speak.  Those Teach Your Baby to Sign books really did work well for me.

But, one drawback was that sometimes I didn't understand what the illustration in the book was telling me to do.  That's where the ASL Browser can come in handy.  This site is simple; look up the word you want to sign, click on it, and watch the video clip of the word being performed in American Sign Language.  Very handy if you or you're children are trying to learn sign language.

-A

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post.
    I have done some sign language long ago for my church, but I've forgotten much. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog post! All comments are moderated so your message may not appear immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...