Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Manners

Manners?  Yes, manners.  It seems some days my children don't know the meaning of the word.

There are several resources available to help teach your children manners : books, videos, real life experience...  While at the homeschool convention I was interested to see a booth for The Etiquette Factory.  Lessons on etiquette are grouped into Beginner, Intermediate, and Masters with age ranges from pre-school to High School.  The younger kid's curriculum includes a DVD with some fun songs and lessons to watch while the older kids get to go over lessons and then do discussions.  It looks as though lessons for the High School kids is simply something to read - which is fine.  I wouldn't expect to get very far with these etiquette lessons if the high schoolers had to sing and dance around like the young kids do.

I haven't yet decided if this would be beneficial for my own family.  Don't get me wrong, they do need some direction with their manners and etiquette.  And, it would be a nice life-skill topic to go over.  Hmmmmm...I'll have to think on it a while.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog post! All comments are moderated so your message may not appear immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...