Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's Nice to Know I'm Not Alone

Yes, I'm still basking in the afterglow of the homeschool convention I attended.  I really needed to be encouraged.  My life as a homeschool mom and wife feels as if it is about as far from perfection as one can get.  So, is it any wonder that I chose to go to sessions that had titles that hinted at addressing topics such as troublesome kids and imperfect parenting?

I think one of my favorite speakers of the weekend was Todd Wilson.  He was simply hilarious!  But, that's not even the great part.  No.  He got a whole room full of homeschooling moms to nod their heads in recognition to the imperfect things that have gone on in their own homes.  And, we all laughed heartily about it.


Really, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.  I bought three of his books just to keep on my shelf and take out when I need a pick-me-up after a hard day homeschooling.  I got How to be a Great Wife Even Though you Homeschool , Lies Homeschool Moms Believe, and Help! I'm Married to a Homeschool Mom! - the last one was for my hubby.

I wish I could review these books for you here.  But, really, I'm saving them for when I next need to be lifted and encouraged that its OK that I'm not a perfect homeschool mom.  (In other words, maybe I'll have them read by next week).  But, that shouldn't stop you from checking out his website:  Familymanweb.com  There you'll find all kinds of stuff including a blog, some products, and encouragement for dads and a weekly newsletter that I hear is a great way to encourage the dads. 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog post! All comments are moderated so your message may not appear immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...