Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Resurrection Sunday Activities Part 2

As we look forward to Easter Sunday, I think this is a great season to think and reflect on the meaning of the holiday.  What does it really mean to us? 

Today I would like to share with you another resource for study with your kids about Easter.

The Old Schoolhouse Magazine is giving away free Easter studies for the whole family.  Looking at the copyright, these look like they're a couple of years old.  But, the link still works (at least when I checked it).  This resource includes the Biblical Easter story, acitivites, copywork, and place cards.  A nice study to do together as a family the week before Easter.

Liz Curtis Higgs has a number of books out about holidays for small children that are very good.  I especially like reading The Pumpkin Patch Parable during the Halloween season.  For Easter, another good book of hers is  The Parable of the Lily which contains a nice lesson about the meaning behind the holiday.

What about our teens?  Here are a few resources I found:
This is a youth Bible study on the resurrection.  It is originally put together with a class in mind.  But, I think it can be adapted to a family situation and could include 'tweens' too.

Bible Study Planet has a list of Easter related studies to do for teens, kids, and adults.

*My general request when it comes to Bible resources is to please, review these for yourself and decide if they fit your needs.  Only you know for sure what will work in your household.

As for me, I'm headed off to the Midwest Homeschool Convention tomorrow.  See you next week!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog post! All comments are moderated so your message may not appear immediately.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...